Monday, December 11, 2006

A Visit from Argentina

And a good morning to you, too. Cool, minimalistic beats of Olaf Dettinger are tickling the ears, ushering in wintertime. 38 degrees. Great brushstrokes of gray and blue stripe the sky. Sun playfully disappearing and reappearing.

Spent a little time with friends this weekend. Started at approximately 5:31 p.m. on Friday when I fulfilled on my final obligation, a website I’ve been working on for two years now. This great albatross around my neck has been released, folks. I celebrated with my partners and two tall Sierra Nevada “Celebration” Ales. Deeeefreakinlicious.

After we wrangled a sitter for Mini-mona, Kris joined us, too. You have to know, by the way, Kris looking lovelier than ever these days. She hasn’t been busier, but the combination of school, work, and Cam have been a tonic for her vitality. You can see the light and fire in her eyes (I haven’t seen it in quite some time). She’s has a sense of purpose and direction, and a sureness about her she never really had. It shows that you gotta follow your passions, it pays dividends.

We caught up with Irene and Ele at Telephone Bar in the East Village. Eleonora Litwinczuk, the 8-syllable wondergirl, was one of my many partners at Ogilvy. She’s from Buenos Aires and was in town on business. She is every bit Latina. Firey, passionate, neurotic, lovable, and quite talented, too. She has impossibly long hair is the color of dark chocolate drizzled with raspberry. Every day, she’d come to work in some amazing ensemble. Her signature was a pair of pink Chuck Taylors. She wore incredible color combinations, strange and unusual t-shirts. She reminds me of the cereal aisle: loud and sweet.

Her accent is thick, but don’t let it fool you into thinking that her English isn’t good. She knows exactlly what she’s saying. Here’s a gem from the archives: “Nothing’s right in my left brain. Nothing’s left in my right brain.” That doosey took me 10 seconds to figure out, I love saying it to myself.

Of every creative partner I’ve had, she probably drove me nuts the most. We did some great work together, but it took forever to get there. Sometimes my ego got in the way, sometimes hers, but we’d always manage to get back to the work, eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home