Monday, November 13, 2006

Eating Apples Whole

Great weekend. No homework. No obligations. Just fun. Kris took a CPR for professionals course for most of Saturday, which gave me a lot of time with Cam. We went to the park and I watched her climb and run, fall and laugh. It’s like she’s trying out her new limbs, workin em in, seeing what they can do.

She’s quite fearless. Scares the wits out of me when she manages to climb up the monkey bars to a platform 6 feet high with no guard rail. Who designs jungle gyms anyway? They are made out of skull shattering steel, held together by a foundation of exposed cement packs. Nothing soft and cushy to absorb a fall. I think it's a conspiracy by ambulance companies.

Now that Kris is well-versed in CPR and Himelich manuvers, I don’t bother chewing my food. It takes entirely too much effort. The upside? Meals only last a minute or two. And our knives never dirty.

My outdoor soccer season ended on Sunday with a win against the 2nd place team from Waterford on Sunday. We wound up placing 7th in a field of 10. That means there were three teams worse than us—which is a miracle. We were a mess in the spring; people quitting, getting kicked out of games, yelling, crying, moaning. It’s the same thing now, the only diffence is we’re scoring more goals than the opposition.

Perry’s in town tonight, so I’m sure there will be plenty of laughs to report about tomorrow.

Until then, enjoy your Monday as much as you can enjoy a Monday.

G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home