Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday’s Need More Cowbell

Senor Sol is particularly blinding today. Was up before he was doing a morning exercise program Kris put together for me. A little stepping a little lunging, got the chambers pumpin. Gotta give a little energy to get a little energy. The tank was pretty empty, thanks for the refil.

Cam was up early, too. She likes to slide into the day with a little Sesame Street and a cool cup of milk. She’s quite grumpy during the waking hours, though. You have to leave her alone for a good 30 minutes otherwise she’ll scrunch her face and start swingin at ya. No joke. Yup. She’s got her daddy in her.

After she shakes off the uglies, the smiles set in. She was running around singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She knows all the lyrics, even the second verse! Not sure if that’s amazing or not. She isn’t even two yet, so I think she’s a genius. I mean, I finally got the lyrics down last year—took me a solid 35 years to nail em.

Then she started singing the ABCs. She knows the all the letters, except that “elemeno” part. Did you know that Twinkle Twinkle and ABCs use the same melody? Go ahead, sing em.

Aunt Bunny (Kris’ sister) was in town this past weekend visiting and spending time with Cam. Cam was smitten as soon as AB walked in. AB has this uncanny ability to brighten a room when she enters, and I’m not just saying that because she reads this blog. We had quite a few laughs togther. She’s one of those guests you’re sorry to see leave.

She brought over a Will Farrell DVD that had all his best SNL bits sliced and diced together. The Blue Oyster Cult skit with Christopher Walken is hysterical, a must see. AB forgot the DVD. Losers weepers, sister.

What else can I report?

I’m deciding to let my hair grow. How long? Who knows?

I’m joining a networking group in CT. Will that jive with the new do? Maybe not.

I’m bored with my music collection. iPods are dangerous that way.

I’m bored with my soccer team and want to quit. Kris is bored of me saying that.

I’m looking at a disgusting piece of grafitti on the train seat in front of me, but it makes me giggle a little.

I’m looking forward to going to work today because I’m weird.

I’m glad you’re reading my blog, even though this isn’t my best entry.

I’m reconnecting with a lot of old friends, which may mean something significant.

I’m leaner, meaner, n keener than ever.

I’m off the caffeine once again. Makes me tired.

I’m done with today’s entry.

Adios.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you're such a liar but I love ya anyway!!

I got a fever...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!

What a great w/e!!!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair! AB got to see my grandbaby before me. Well, maybe the "open" golf course will intensify a visit to Williamsburg.

Love the blog---keep it going!

Give everyone, including yourself a kiss for me! Love, Mom Carls

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senior Greg,
I knew about the ABC/twinkle star song-big Mozart fan. Had a cd once, and I figured it out, and laughed.:)Had no one 2 tell-
More cowbell, I thought I was the only one whom loved that skit!
Good to know. Freewill, listen to your old RUSH cd's.Just got Spirit of Radio remastered-Awesome!Totally!
Beck's The Info is great,too.
Center Midfielder-left back, I had to think about it, TV Goalie!
Senior T

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home