Thursday, July 20, 2006

What Matters?

Bouncing from project to project today. Calendar layered with appointments n' obligations. Great chunks of time reserved for people I barely know. Gotta shave the stubbles. Gotta iron the wrinkles. Gotta shine myself up.

I yell “bye ladies” as the backdoor shuts. The ones I adore still inside. Coffee still steaming. Cereal shreds swirling around my spoon. Crumbs, a memory of my morning toast.

gotta gas the SUV
gotta Tivo TV
gotta drink $2 coffee
gotta pay the monthly fee

need that microwave oven
a new pair of jeans
300 count bed sheets
see what this means?

money = happy
a huge fallacy
don’t sell out, friends
let's all be free

Luxuries ain’t luxuries if you’re slavin for em.

Screw the Jones’. Let em keep up with someone else. My front lawn could use a few weeds. My car will keep its dents. My pool will remain inflatable.

there’s music to see
museums to visit
pictures to take
memories to make

family’s at home
waiting for you
let em know you love em
that’s long overdue


GM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...That's what I 'm talkin' about...get it
Get it
Get it!!

Get itah!!!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home