Friday, July 07, 2006

A-holes Not Tolerated

Hallo. It's a cool and comfortable 60 degrees (or 15 degrees C for all my international readers). I love summertime up here. You have yer hot days, but relief is just around the corner. Cam and I are enjoying a little b-fast right now. I have my cup o' good mornin', she has her blueberry yogurt goatee. Half the stuff makes it in her mouth, the other half is distributed elsewhere.

I'm happy to say that my little company just started working on a brand new account as of yesterday. This was born from a relationship that started over five years ago, when ML was a wee baby. We pitched a project and for some reason or another, we didn't get the job. But I kept running into the CEO at workshops in NYC. Contact was always prevalent. Timing worked out on a project, and here we are. I'm grateful for it because I like him and I think he'll be a great guy to work with.

This may sound a idealistic, but I'd like our complete roster of clients to consist of people I like. If you like who you work with, you're spending energy helping them. If you don't like em, then it becomes a chore, a grind, a burden. It's the toxic clients you need to separate yourself from. The money may be good, but the pain n' sufferin' ain't worth it. I'd rather spend my time lookin' for the chemistry.

I say this, of course, because we happen to be busy right now. Tomorrow, I could be praying for an a-hole to call us.


GM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new gig. The idea of liking all the people you work with/for is stupid. Get your head out of the clouds and MAKE SOME $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home