Friday, March 30, 2007

A Simple Plan

I’ve been writing for about 15 years. I do it because I love to create. I completely dig the process. Whether I blog, write a letter, or create an ad campaign, I go through the same steps.

1. I get an idea (preferably a good one).
2. I feel a sensation like an energy boost.
3. I decisively and passoinately bring that idea to life.
4. Satisfied, I move on.

I would bet that anytime any of us create something, we go through these steps. When we’ve finished our work, we realize we’ve grown a little in the process; we’ve evolved. And then we are compelled to create something else.

What if everybody approached every waking moment with the same kind of passion and energy to create? No hangups about the past. No bitterness. No worries about the present. No fear of the future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I go through the same process when I take a dumper.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I write because I'm shy.
I'm not very good at talking.
And because I see/read the sounds of words to express observations and intelligences! Besides, who
doesn't love a lovenote?
Truth, lies, and poetry-

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home