Monday, February 26, 2007

Snow Whitey

It’s a sugar-coated land. Everything’s frosted with 5 inches of snow. The sky is an unsettled gray, which shows off the snowcapped rooftops. Colors are hushed; the world’s in black and white. We’re living in a 50’s rerun.

Cam was a little disoriented by all the snow, but gradually warmed up to it and was kicking clumps in no time. Her snowboots look 2 sizes too big and she doesn’t quite have the hang of walking in them. When she puts on her pink puffy winter coat, she wobbles around like a wind-up penguin.

One thing I noticed since I’ve settled-in up here is the phenomenon of a snowy shoreline. That just doesn’t happen in the tropics of west Florida, my home country. It just looks so apocalyptic to me; makes me double-take every time I see it. There's nothing more lonely and desolate than a shoreline with nobody on it.

We’re supposed to get more powder today. When it snows, it dumps. If the it sticks around for a day or two, I think I’ll pull Cam out of school early and go find a hill somewhere, perhaps the golf course down the street.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever see the film, Powder?
Pretty good cinema-nice camera!
Thank You MTV!
God bless New York, and New Yorkers!
Florida misses you-we'll turn on
the lights, II!!!Cya.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home