Saturday, December 30, 2006

Drawing the Curtain on 2006

Hello druids. The Monaco 3 are bringing 2006 to a close. What a great year! I can't believe all that we've done, and all we've been through. We are constantly evolving, constantly pushing it, never settling. It's exciting, a little unnerving, but always fun. Can't wait to see what kind of crap we pull in 2007.

We made a trip down to Florida for a week. Nice visit. Cam got the chance to bond with Ta Ta (my Mom) and Pappy (my Dad). She took to them like lineman to pizza. She and Ta Ta were inseprable. Nice to see. K and I appreciated the break.

One week isn't enough. It' takes 2 days to settle in, and the last day doesn't count. So we had 4 days. And those days were filled up with many family parties. All good stuff, but I gotta detox. And I say this on the eve of New Year's Eve.

I wanted to see a ton of people but just couldn't muster the time. A million regrets that I couldn't stay an extra week. Richard, the unconventional one, I'd love to catch up with you in person because it's been too long. Dave, the fan, the hockey player, the always up for everything, I usually see you—but alas, we'll have to do it though pictures. Donna, the doctor, the classmate, I think we'd have a lot to talk about, I've always enjoyed our conversations. Steph B and Steph P, the new moms, let's do keep in touch. Steve, I've always wanted to come by the restaurant and see how the boys are doing.

Had a chance meeting with an old friend at a bar. Kris and I walked in and there were 3 people in the entire place (including the bartender). My friend Chuck was having a chat with the bartender as some drunk lady(?) named Fran kept interrupting them. Kris and I had some serious trouble deciphering her gender. Her voice was lower than mine. And on top of that, she did most of the talking. Spittin words at you. Slurring and gurgling in between gulps of Pabst.
The bartender said the only reason she comes here, is because she's been booted from every other bar. Guess that tells you how good this bar was.

I've come to the conclusion that in order to see everyone I want to see I'll have to move back down to FL. Which isn't out of the question. Nothing is out of the question. My parents are going to be selling their house. I want to buy it. One catch: There is no way I can afford it. It'll cost around $700,000. But I like to believe nothing is impossible, so I'd like to let anyone out there know that I'm looking for ideas to keep the house in the family (after all, my parents designed it) It's right on the Gulf of Mexico in a town called Tarpon Springs. Built on stilts.

Sunsets every night. C'mon who wants to buy a house with me? You'll have to put up most, if not, all of the money.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is your next blog, Greg? Just curious.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home