Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ice and Wine

Little too much vino last night. K and I had an almost quiet Valentine’s Day complete with a gigantic slice of lasagna she picked up from Italia Restaurant. The wine was smooth and soft, and the pasta, deelish. Their slices are monsterous. We split one hunk in two, and barely made it through that. The other slice awaits in the fridge.

Cam ate with us, and was literally yelling at us as we tried to enjoy each other’s company. If the spotlight wasn’t on her, she had no issue with letting us know. She yelled “Greg! Greg! Greg!” when I didn’t respond to “Dad.” She does the same thing to Kris. “Kris! Kris!” I’m not sure what to do about it. I’d rather her not call me Greg because I’m a little more than Greg to her, but I suppose it’s accurate, so I don’t make a big fuss about it.

Yesterday we got a the worst kind of winter weather. Ice needles, not quite hail and not quite snow, shot down from the sky. Those shards combined with a cutting, arctic wind felt like your face was being sandblasted. A burning chill. A ½ inch sheet of ice rested on top of the snow, so you could literally walk right on top of it. You wouldn’t sink. To shovel it, you had to break the glacier, then do your shovelling. Heavy, burdensome work.

Maybe that’s why I’m dragging a little today. But I’ll get amped up pretty soon though. I’m meeting with my Thursday networking group called “Shiners.” I started this group with a friend of mine and it’s actually a lot of fun. Networking sounds like a drag, but the way we structured the meetings, and the amazing crowd that shows up every week, well I dunno, it’s downright inspiring.

Looking forward to this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home