Saturday, October 07, 2006

2 (Again)

My iPod's shuffle mechanism decided to grace me with a sweet song from Zwan, Billy Corigan's band after Smashing Pumpkins. Pretty good stuff. Cam is banging away on something in the next room (hope it isn't anything valuable). It's a wonderfully slow Saturday morning. Kris has already left for her soccer game, and I should be on my way to catch the game with Cam, but I don't feel like rushing anywhere. I just want to succumb to the forces of the day. I'd like to float through it without a care or an effort.

So, I felt like writing you, and here I am. Had a lovely evening with a couple of friends last night. Little red wine, nip o' Jameson and lots of laughs. Thanks Taso and Kimi, just what the doc ordered.

Today? What is today? What will it bring? What random occurances? What coincidences? What hairpin turns? Every day another mystery to be solved. Cam's birthday celebration will happen tonight. Ice cream cake, a tricycle, and other goodies sent from the relatives. She's going to be thrilled.

She's growing up, becoming a little girl. She's a love sponge, sensitive and delicate. She's going to be smitten with all the boys when the time comes. Vulnerable, soft and loving. Her heart will lead her. Hope she knows that about herself when the big decisions come. Be careful, Cam!

She's sitting in my lap right now as I type these very words, mesmerized by my fingers as they stroke the keys. She's not quite sure what to make of it. Probably doesn't even know I'm writing about her. Fast forward 20 years, she's off at college or persuing some a dream, or exploring, or contributing—I wonder if she'll know that I'm thinking of her.

G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home